Friday, February 5, 2010

Grilled cheese with a twist


Yesterday I had my friend Robin from http://blog.hippoflambe.com/ over. She stayed for lunch and I made some grill cheese. She suggested to use Swiss cheese instead of what I would normally choose(American cheese) and we added some tomato. Oh my so yummy! So today I was craving another one but had no tomatoes so instead I used provolone cheese and apples. That was another yummy way. Thanks Robin for helping me broaden my horizons. What ways have you made a grill cheese especially yummy?

Recipe:

Two slices of bread
Lots of cheese
Tomato or Apple

Spread butter on one side of bread and place on a panni press. Then lay a layer of cheese on bread, with a layer of tomato or fruit and then a layer of cheese. Topped with the last piece of bread that has butter on one side. Then press the panni press down for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown and gooey with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment