Monday, February 1, 2010

One small change

One Small Change is a challenge given by Hip Mountain Mamma to make some changes within your home to live more simply more green. It started in January but its not to late to start. Each month you commit to one change(composting,buying local,making own cleaning products or using natural ones,switching from paper to cloth napkins,etc)
So I am taking the challange starting now in February. This month it is my commitment to compost and to shop local I know its two but .... I composted all summer and just stopped due to cold. And the shopping thing I have been know to switch back and forth of where to shop and it seems I always end up saving at the City Market Coop(with discount,bag credits,and simply staying away from the prepared box stuff and buying whole foods)
Check out Hip Mountain Mamma what would your small change be? We can all make a difference one small step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Committing fully to my compost is my February One Small Change too! Maybe we can try to keep each other honest about it! I have all mine sitting in a bag on my porch waiting to go out still. I have to dig a path across the 2+ feet of snow in the yard to get to the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, where we are in vermont we dont have much snow so thats not a problem but the slidder on my bin keeps freezing on me so I have to beat it with a brick toget it to slide!

    ReplyDelete